Saturday, May 28

Four years of wilderness...

I look back on my last posts, and that's what it feels like. A lot of lost time. Four years of wandering, searching, trying to find myself. When I really needed to have my eyes on my God, my Abba.
Please God, let this wilderness be ending. Father, I think of the words to the song How He Loves,
heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss
and my heart turns violently inside of my chest
and I don't have time to maintain these regrets
when I think about the way that He loves us

I don't have time to maintain my regrets. You love me Father, from the the time You put me together and breathed life into me through the end of time. How can I dwell on my regrets--my mistakes, my failures, my uncertainties, my missed opportunities--when I stop to dwell on how much, how very much, You love me?
Help me to turn from the past into the marvelous light of Your grace, of Your glory, of the future You have for me. Guide my every step. Form my every thought. Please, God, surprise me! Show up in ways I can't even imagine. Enlarge my territory and prepare me for greater influence in Your world. Bless me, indeed, as only You can.
(My favorite version of How He Loves, by Eddie Kirkland)

No comments: